8th Street Church of the Nazarene is a project that ADG designed as a renovation to the historic German Methodist Church that had sat vacant at 8th Street and Lee since 1975. The re-enlivened church, located in Oklahoma City’s Midtown neighborhood near St. Anthony Hospital, has been totally restored with a new elevator, new restrooms and plumbing, new heat and air, new paint, new carpets, new chandeliers and the same lovely stained glass windows donated by Anton Classen, one of Oklahoma City’s founding fathers, in 1907. Downstairs, the space has been reconfigured and upgraded to accommodate a nursery and a toddler room as well as church offices, a small kitchen and a large flexible fellowship hall. Accessibility has been improved with the addition of an at-grade entrance on the northeast corner near new parking. This new entrance connects to the activity areas and leads to the elevator linking to the sanctuary on the second floor. Lighting along the corridor linkage is via repurposed lamps discovered above the drop ceiling once the decision was made to add height to make the narrow space more inviting. A steeple to replace the original is being fashioned and will be installed this summer to complete the restoration. For the first time in 40 years the church was host to services on Easter Sunday 2018.