ADG enjoys a solid reputation for great architectural and engineering design. We work on a wide variety of projects types for sophisticated and demanding clients. We are looking for a team member who shares not only our curiosity but also shares the value we place in diligent focus, team work and creativity.
This position will independently perform detailed phases of design engineering work and complexity. Projects may include: design and engineer building electrical power distribution, lighting, building life safety, emergency and UPS, security, paging and low voltage voice and data systems to assure safe reliable and energy efficient design. Executing these projects would require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria where the scope is already outlined in the form of contract drawings, specifications, one-line drawings and component estimates derived during the Schematic Design process. The engineer must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of design engineering and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Define scope of work documents for the Schematic Design process
- Expand design criteria and equipment selection in Schematic Design process for preparation of construction documents.
- Develops specifications, working drawings, instructions, and other related documents of a complex project of moderate size.
- Selects the materials, equipment and systems based on constructability and value to conform to company standards and project budget
- Evaluate vendor bids and drawings for major components to be used in the system to assure compliance with specifications, code and requirements of the project.
- Reviews drawings and evaluates the need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing, and scheduling of construction activities.
- Ensures that production of drawings, specifications, reports, and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements.
- Responsible for keeping current on new electrical products and must be able to judge their suitability for specific uses. Should compile and communicate with said product representatives on a regular basis.
- Communicate appropriate information on project status, scope changes and problem areas to Department Manager or Project Manager.
- Mentor Designers and Engineers in the department. Mentoring includes design and engineering practices, construction administration and engineering project management duties, such as developing engineering scope of work, fee proposals and estimating engineering effort required for a project.
- Maintain current knowledge of National electrical codes as well as design and construction procedures to meet changing priorities.
- File calculations in a complete and orderly manner for future reference.
- 4-year electrical engineering degree plus 5-8 years’ related experience
- Professional Engineering licensure in the State of Oklahoma
- Must have experience with Revit and other automated engineering and design software for performing load analysis and Arc Fault Studies
- Master’s degree in engineering and NCEES record, or licensure to practice engineering in multiple states.
- Experience with AGi32 lighting program a plus.
- Experience with arc flash software such as Easypower or similar a plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Mobility to walk on uneven surfaces on exposed construction sites in various weather conditions and climbing vertical and sloped ladders is required.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
It is the policy of ADG that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or unlawfully affected by virtue of an applicant/employee’s race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.