Civil Engineer Technician II is an mid-level position for drafters and CADD Operators working in the discipline of Civil Engineering. In this capacity, the technician will perform basic plan drafting using AutoCAD and Civil 3D with moderate supervision. In general, the Civil Engineering Technician II will assist the Civil Engineering Group with the preparation of construction drawings for various projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of exhibits and construction drawings for roadway designs, site grading, storm drainage improvements, utility improvements, and site development projects.
- Perform corrections on plans as directed by the Director of Civil Engineering and other senior staff.
- Collaborate and coordinate work with Design, Architecture, and MEP staff; as well as external clients and consultants.
- Ability to read, interpret, and ensure compliance with, local, state, and federal codes and regulations pertaining to civil design and construction projects.
- Research and collect data related to projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Drafting/Design, or analogous field from an accredited college or university.
- 2-4 years of experience in general civil engineering design including public and private roadway design, site grading, utility improvements, and site development projects.
- Experience in Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite required. MS Project experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment required.
- Residential subdivision design experience a plus.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet all standard hiring criteria of ADG PC.