Landmark occasion: ADG, a building planning, design program management and urban planning firm, celebrated 40 years in business with an open house in its new headquarters, a space within the Fred Jones Manufacturing Building. Construction was completed for the office six months prior to the opening of 21c Museum Hotel in the same building in west downtown.
Party buffet: Chae Modern Korean provided food, with desserts by Leigh Ann Errico and craft brews by Stonecloud Brewing. The Fleuriste provided flower arrangements, and artwork displayed in ADG’s common areas was exhibited by JRB Art at the Elms.
Special guests: At the party were Fred Hall, James Pickel, Terri Cooper, Gary Brooks, Ann Ackerman, Fred Mazaheri, Philip Mazaheri, Renate and Chuck Wiggin, Carl Edwards, Roy Williams and Rhonda Hooper.
The highlights: Firm leaders and staff members hosted tours of the 12,000-square-foot office space, pointing out the design and also telling the history of the Ford Motor plant that kicked off production of Model-T cars 100 years ago. Salvaged and repurposed elements include a 1915 stencil machine from which ADG adopted its new brand image to celebrate turning 40. Exterior windows and sliding barn doors also were repurposed in offices and conference rooms. Wood slats on pavilions in the office reflect the crates and palettes once used for shipping and receiving car parts. The lobby’s rusted steel panels frame animated photo streams that are symbolic of the assembly line process that Henry Ford used.
ADG history: ADG began in 1975 as an interior design firm. It has 70 employees now and provides architecture, planning, interior design, engineering, program management and urban planning services throughout Oklahoma and the nation. The firm has been named to Oklahoma City’s 2016 Metro 50 list as one of the fastest-growing businesses in Central Oklahoma and was also named to ICIC/Fortune’s 2016 Inner City 100.
byline: Helen Ford Wallace for The Oklahoman
October 9, 2016 http://newsok.com/article/5521501